With our selection, quality and knowledge, Family Tree Nursery is the best place to buy your next indoor plant. We carry an extensive selection of indoor houseplants year-round; from 3 inch starter sizes to large, room-filling plants.
Let us help you select the right indoor plant today!
- Several houseplants can tolerate lower light conditions, but if in doubt all would prefer medium to bright indirect light
- Allow soil to dry 1/3 of the way down the pot and then water thoroughly.
- Most of us don’t water enough when we water; try and always pour the same amount of liquid through the soil as the volume of container
Some easy-to-grow low light favorites:
- Cast Iron Plant
- ZZ Plant
We guarantee all our plants
to be insect and disease free.
Cactus and Succulents
Cactus and succulent gardens have become all the rage because of their stylish, yet low-maintenance, lifestyle. We carry hundreds of cactus and succulents year round! Let us help you create a cactus garden for your home, or have one of our designers do all the work for you!
We carry finished and starter bonsai plants, soil, pots and accessories. From a beginner Bonsai enthusiast to an advanced grower, we have the selection you want.
We carry all types of Bonsai:
Like Schefflera or Ficus. Tropical plant Bonsai are the easiest to care for and fabulous for beginners. They are fast-growing and can tolerate medium to bright indirect light indoors year round
Like Serissa or Fukien Tea. Sub-tropicals are mainly native to Asia and want high light indoors. Most would even prefer to travel outdoors during the summer.
Like Japanese Maples or Juniper. These tend to be the “advanced beginner” of Bonsai. These plants can be brought inside for short periods of time but usually prefer to be outdoors. During winter these must be kept cold yet above freezing. (ie: garage, mulched, window well)
Get in the habit of checking your Bonsai’s soil daily. Scratch back any top dressing and stick your finger into the soil to test for dryness. If dry 1/3 of the way down, give plant a thorough soaking by immersing container in a bucket of water. Bonsai plants have comparatively little soil mass compared to roots so they can go from wet to dry very quickly.
Terrariums are a way to build a small living world under glass. They have seen a resurgence in popularity and are easy to put together with the proper know-how. Let us help you create a terrarium for your home, or have one of our designers do all the work for you!
Don’t forget to bring the drama! Tropicals offer unbeatable color and pizzazz while being heat-tolerant, sun loving and nearly maintenance free.
For best results:
- Give tropical plants full sun – at least 6 hours
- Fertilize once a month during the summer with Family Tree Nursery Time Release Fertilizer
- Let plants dry 1/3 of the way down then water thoroughly
Some of our Favorites:
We strive to carry a beautiful selection of Orchids year round in our greenhouse
This is what most people think of as the traditional Orchid. Phalaenopsis, or moth orchid, have large, delicate blooms and most often are seen in purples and whites. They are the easiest orchid to care for and can re-bloom easily.
- Place blooming orchid in an east or south facing window
- Conditions can vary, but usually a once a week watering is sufficient
- Fertilize regularly with a specialized orchid food, like Grow More urea free 20-10-20
- Repot as needed - preferably not when blooming
There are many other types of Orchids that we carry seasonally through the year such as:
- Lady’s Slipper
- And other intergeneric varieties
Call the store to ask about our current Orchid selection
Start your own little shop of horrors! At Family Tree Nursery, we carry all the unusual varieties of carnivorous plants to startle and amaze!
Plants make the perfect hostess, sympathy or just a “thinking of you” gift. At Family Tree Nursery we carry many different gift plants including Kalanchoe, African Violets, Begonias, Anthuriums and Orchids plus many more seasonal options. Come by and pick one up or with a little notice let us design a tabletop arrangement for you.